Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder Cake
Author: Alissa Segersten - Wholelifenutrition.net
- 2 cups Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large organic eggs or Flax eggs*
- ⅔ cup honey or maple syrup*
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil or Virgin Coconut Oil**
- 1¼ cups coconut milk or almond milk**
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
* Use Flax eggs and maple syrup to make it vegan.
** If you prefer a coconut flavor use Virgin coconut oil and coconut milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the pumpkin seed protein powder, cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey(or maple syrup), oil, coconut milk( or almond milk), and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan on the center rack in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and flip cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- It is delicious served with mashed raspberries and a drizzle of agave nectar! Also with icing and whipping cream.
|40 mins||60 mins|